Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday Monday Monday

Hi everybody….

So as you all know Josh had his first round of chemo on Thursday the 24th, I think it’s safe to say he made it through the worst part. What a weekend! Saturday was by far the most brutal day. He has had some nausea, but hasn’t actually thrown up. He has figured out that he MUST eat every couple of hours, if he doesn’t he goes down really fast. His hair is slowly but surely falling out, good thing he keeps his head bald so that won’t be too much of an adjustment; I actually think he is kinda excited about it, minus losing the eyebrows. Chemo has definitely rocked all of our worlds, I’m not sure what we expected, but I personally didn’t expect this, well maybe I did but I definitely wasn’t prepared. It’s really hard to see Josh feeling so bad and so emotional, the worst part is there is nothing I can do, except support him and just be there. As hard as all of this is, I have sat back and watched Josh transform, and it has been quite amazing to watch. I’m so proud of who he is and who he is becoming. I can say wholeheartedly what the enemy intends for destruction and harm, God uses for good. As always thank you for all your love, support, and prayers. XOXOXOXO

4 comments:

  1. T - You both are incredible. Reading about the journey so far has really brought a lot of perspective on the true definition of strength, loyalty and unconditional love, and you are it girl. What an example for the rest of us. I love you and think about you guys constantly. xoxox ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating every couple of hours is good for nausea, and I'm sure he already has some zofran (ondansetron) which is great at preventing vomiting. Benadryl (diphenhydramine) works really well for nausea too, and if he doesn't like swallowing pills it is available in children's fast melts. Staying hydrated is also important because low fluid volume causes low blood pressure... Which usually causes nausea. Maybe try sipping some Ginger tea??? Nausea is the worst feeling, my heart goes out to you Josh. Of course you should check with your doctor before starting any new meds, but ask about the benadryl, it helps a lot of my patients at the hospital. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice chatting with Josh today and obviously he is going through a huge life-altering experience at this time. With that, all that is positive must be sought and cherished. A few minutes after talking to Josh, I had the fortune to watch an ESPN piece on Boston College linebacker Mark Herzlich, a story to which I was not aware of. [Well, he is now the football player that I will follow the closest during this upcoming 2011 NFL Draft.] This is because Herzlich was stricken with cancer and had to miss a lot of his football activities at Boston College while dealing with his chemo experience. Herzlich has fought off his cancer and is a physical specimen once again and is now a NFL draft hopeful. Now that's something positive to cherish!!!!

    There's a Chinese proverb that states, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Those are profound words for Josh to lean on as he goes through this lengthy process and succeeds!!!!

    To quote Coach Winks, "Fight On!!"

    Love, Scott Winks & Family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Josh, I'm so proud of strength you exuded on Saturday; you truly are a champion!!! I know how much pain you were in and all the thoughts that were going through your head, yet you made sure I knew what was going on throughout the process and that I wasn't intimidated. You are strong, selfless, and significant. I will ALWAYS be here for you…. <3 you

    "The hero is the one who kindles a great light in the world, who sets up blazing torches in the dark streets of life for men to see by. The saint is the man who walks through the dark paths of the world, himself a light." ~Felix Adler

    ReplyDelete